Thursday, January 20, 2005

When You Take a Closer Look





Snow from afar indeed looks pretty. The first time I've seen it, it literally took my breath away. One of the most amazing sights I've ever seen was that of a snow-capped mountain while we were on the road going to Las Vegas. I gasped with excitement the moment I first laid eyes on it. My uncle and aunt got excited for me since they told me that it doesn't happen all the time...well not at that time of the year and not in those parts of California. So the moment they got the chance to pull-over, they immediately did and made me step out of the car to have my picture taken. And being the silly and over-excited guest that I was, I did as I was told. I stepped out of the car without the proper gear. Geeez!!! It was pretty cold. I didn't have socks on and I was just wearing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. But I was too excited to care during that moment. I was carefree and uninhibited...I was once again a child. I frolicked in the snow and grabbed a fistful of it...and I realized that it looked so much different up close. It wasn't all white..it wasn't as perfect as I thought it would be...but I will forever remember that moment...Life is sometimes like that...we admire something or someone from afar and given the chance to have a closer look, we take it, only for us to find out that things are not what they seem. Then we get disappointed and we somehow lose that sense of wonder and awe...and that for me is the saddest part since I believe in my heart that at least I had that moment...that chance to take a closer look...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to see snow.

*sigh* <---that's me sighing and reflecting on your last paragraph. Hehe

-eLa-