Sunday, January 09, 2005

Robbery in Broad Daylight

got a call last wednesday from this pre-need company and said that i was chosen as one of the lucky few to heve been granted a privilege card which i could use in over a hundred establishments. the first thing i asked was: what's the catch? they said nothing. that i just had to come by their office to pick it up and bring two valid IDs and a credit card...they also said that for every card that i have will entitle me to two raffle tickets that could win me a trip to boracay. i said i don't have the time to pick it up since i've lots of things to do. they adjusted the pick up time that will fit right in my sched. hmmm...they were that persistent. the moment i stepped in their office, i knew there's something up their sleeves...they actually tried to force down my throat an insurance policy i didn't want...the nerve of those people...oh well, good thing i was able to get out of it unscathed...just wanted to tell you to beware of those phoney calls...i just hope i still win that trip though...even though i gave them my two cents worth on the matter...it was plain robbery in broad daylight...

anyway, i still find it unbelievable that there are actually song titles like the ones i'd be listing below...i read this in reader's digest and these songs were actually collected by a certain Mike Harden, a columnist for The Columbus Dispatch in Ohio. Here are the best of the worst:

1. How Can I Miss you If You Won't Go Away?
2. If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
3. My Wife Ran Off With My Bestfriend (I Sure Miss Him)
4. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You
5. Thank God and Greyhound (She's Gone)
6. The Man that Came Between Us (Was Me)
7. I got You on My Conscience, But at least You're Off my Back


No comments: