Monday, January 17, 2005

Encouraged Optimism

friday night almost ended on a sour note until i got a phone call from my guy best friend *y...it's been a while since i last heard from him. and his phone call could not have come at a much better time. you see, i waited for *c until 8pm knowing that i'd give her company as she planned to drink herself to death...i really didn't mind since i myself was excited to go on a drinking spree, my first in a long while since i actually don't drink. i have low tolerance for alcohol and i figured it's about time that i actually try to work on it...hahaha. but then again, something happened which led to the cancellation of our plans. *c got sick! and she didn't have the good sense to inform me earlier than she actually did since she was hoping she'd get better. in short i was left hanging on thin air...i wanted to wring her neck but then i realized it really wasn't her fault. i thought of just going home but then my folks were out as well. my sister was with them too. and i didn't have the key to the second door so it'd be useless if i went home. hungry, dizzy and tired, i planned on having dinner by my lonesome...then my mobile rang. it was *y. i never felt that happy upon hearing his voice. for one thing, i usually take his calls for granted. i also always make fun of him when we talk. but not that time...his voice was a salve to my aching head and back. he was my angel. he said that his line got cut and he had to find his other sim since he's been wanting to contact me the previous week. he then asked where i was and told me he'd pick me up. truth be told, it uplifted my spirit. just when i thought that i'd have a lousy evening, this really good friend of mine came to the rescue. i must say that this encouraged my optimism. i got what i wanted right that very moment i wanted it. all i was hoping for at that moment was someone who'd keep me company whether i chose to ate or simply rant. and he did just that. thanks *y...btw, i also got to try with *y VodkaIce and it was darned good...it was really good and that capped my night...

No comments: