Sunday, January 02, 2005

A Blog Revisited...

This entry is actually a tribute to a great blogger/friend *e. It has been four months since I last posted an entry because whether you believe it or not, I actually forgot my username and password. Teehehe...I had to do some hard core search for that tiny strip of paper where I list all my account names and passwords which was a result of *e's coercion. Hahahaha...Not that I regularly post my entries here but the fact that I forgot the account I myself set-up is not something that I am or should be proud of. Due to this, I am now making a promise of having my account updated every once in a while (meaning: at least once a month). Having said that, it made me think as to how I fared from last year in terms of the things I vowed myself to do or at least try to do...let me see...

1. I will lose weight: I was doing pretty well 'til mid-November. In two weeks, I gained 10 lbs while I was vacationing in pleasant and sunny California. Stayed in beautiful Carlsbad in San Diego County with my relatives and just ate, slept, rested, shopped and visited places for the first time (not necessarily in that order). Given the manner by which I gained weight, I'd say it wasn't so bad. Besides, I can always shed those excess poundage when I get back to doing my regular power boxing workouts. This will be another story though:)

2. I will read as much as I could: I read stuff for school, for work and fortunately, I also had the time for leisure reading. I splurged on books while I was on vacation and I also have finished He's Just Not That Into You, Shelter, and Shopaholic and Sister. I still have Probable Future and EE Cummings' book to read...Oh well, 'nuff said...

3. I will visit a place I've never been to before: Got to visit the beauiful and breathtaking Bohol. Went to the United States for the first time too. Lucky me! I only paid $10 for my itenerary. The first eight weeks I stayed in the east coast was due to work. Then from there, I flew to the west coast...off to California I went for my well-deserved vacation:)

4. I will be open to possibilities and relationships: I think I fared really well on this aspect of my life...I did a lot of growing up in the last three months but that'll make up an entire saga that I will lack space if I start with it now.

5. I will be more compassionate and understanding of other people's predicaments: I believe that one can never be too compassionate so there should always be room for it and I can still work on it.

So those were just a few items on my to-do list...I'm going to hit the bed for now and will come up with an updated list in the coming days...

No comments: