Wednesday, February 22, 2006

RV Week 2: Chronicle 1

R*, a Filipino based here in RV, and works as a full-time analyst for the same company as we do, approached us early this morning to ask how the snow tubing went. I had nothing to share of course, since I did not make it either. He then broached the idea of ice skating to us which at first, sounded really tempting. But I figured, it was not a good idea since I have never even tried roller-skating. I just have this vivid image in my mind which shows me falling from skating, with me landing on my face. Hehehe. Not good...But the conversation that transpired after brought some good laughter to all four of us.

S*: (To P*) Gusto mo ba mag ice skating?
P*: Di ako marunong eh. Lagi lang ako matutumba.
S*: Eh kung nag rollerblades and rollerskates ka naman dati, I'm sure you'll get by.
P*: Never tried it.
S*: Kahit skateboard?
P*: Di talaga.
S*: Ano ka ba?!? Para ka namang di lalaki!
P*:(Turning to B*...) Ikaw ba B* marunong ka mag rollerblades or even rollerskates?
to which B* sardonically replies...
B*: Bakit lalaki ba ko?!?
Then guffaws followed...

Hahaha. That was really good. Which leads me to appreciate my team even more...I love these guys and I am so happy that I chose them...I know I know, mushy but true.

No comments: