Friday, February 03, 2006

The Man from Nokia

<-----This is how I'd usually look when someone tries to start small talk with me. But then, it was different this morning when all of a sudden an older, dignified man started conversation on our way up to the 19th floor. It was probably his way of expressing gratitude as I waited on him at the elevator. It turns out that this man works in Nokia. He was very Pinoy yet very articulate. He thought I was with Kumon! Hah! Now that's another interesting piece to write about, ie, what made him think I was with Kumon. Hehehe. He asked where I worked if I wasn't with Kumon and really showed interest about what I do. Anyhow, it was a pleasant experience talking with this man. Conversation with him was meaty albeit very brief. If only for that, I really wouldn't mind coming in early and having another chance encounter with the man from Nokia. As we got off the elevator, said our goodbyes, and went our different ways, he sure left me looking like this......

No comments: