Sunday, February 01, 2009

Singapura 2009


Every time I miss my sister, I just think that she is just a three-hour flight away and that I can just go visit her whenever the time (and budget) permits.

Last December, I booked myself a flight to Singapore as an advanced birthday treat to myself. It was a good excuse as well to visit my sister whom I have not seen in four months. Mama was supposed to come with me but then she will be there in July with Papa.

The minute I saw my sister at the airport, I shouted her name "EA!!! EA!!!" and for more melodramatic effect, she came running towards me and started crying. All my defenses went down the drain when I heard her crying, so while I was shush-ing her, tears rolled down my cheeks as well. Hahaha!

It was a jampacked four days yet it was surprisingly relaxing. We ate at the old Town White Coffee, Aston's, Tori Q, MOS Burger (my fave!), and the takeout section at the new Jurong Mall. Went to Chjimes for a nightout and I got to meet up with old friends too. As a birthday gift, EA treated me to Cinderella, where Lea Salonga played the title role. I had a great time although I was a bit tired. I even got hit on by someone who asked for my number (well it was more of the auntie getting my number, hahaha) while my sister and I were having brunch one morning.

Given how I love my sister and how much I miss her to death, what some people call Singa-bore might just as well be my second home.

No comments: