Sunday, February 15, 2009

Facing the Inevitable


I have been nursing my cough and colds for the longest time now and I was never one to immediately go to the doctor if I feel something is a little off with me. However, I started to feel alarmed when last week, I have been having on and off fever for three consecutive nights. I also do not want to continue to tire out Mama at night when I have my coughing feats while she monitors my temperature as well. I never really liked going to the doctor but then I realized I had to when I felt pain creeping up my left ear as well as chest pains and headaches I cannot brush aside. I went to see my doctor as the weekend closed in because I wanted bronchitis and pneumonia to be ruled out. Thank God because my trusted pulmonologist Dr. Mateo said I had nothing to worry about and that it was just my asthma not being controlled. She ended up giving me three different steroids, an anti-asthma, and antibiotics for three days. I got myself an organizer for my medicine and it was quite funny as I got one from my Lola (daig ko pa si Lola since yung organizer ko ang laki hahaha!). I am due to be back at her clinic after three months. I really hope everything turns out all right since it will be very busy at work for the next 3-4 months.

To everyone who sent in their warm thoughts and well wishes, thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel *pat pat* ~E~