Tuesday, March 14, 2006

RV Week 5: St. Patrick's Day Pre-Celebration Parade

I used to just hear about St. Patrick's Day being sang in a song. Last Sunday was different though for I, along with my "li'l ones" headed to downtown DC to experience the real thing. Green was the dominant color, shamrock can be seen everywhere, and the mood was really festive. Had a great time walking along The National Mall, all the way down to the 7th Street, that led us to Constitution Avenue. Philip and Ben were child-like with their antics. They both shouted "Beads!!! More beads!!!" as if there would be no tomorrow. They even hustled with the kids when parade participants threw candies at bystanders. Hehe. Well that was good for She and myself. A lot of goofy pictures were taken. All in all, it was a good day to experience something so new and so fun. It felt good to forget my worries as an adult as I embarked on that journey as a child that day. After that, we walked further down the 7th Street to see The Verizon Center (formerly MCI Center). Then we just had late lunch at Drinx. Then it was The Spy Museum for us. After two hours, we called it a day and headed back home. It was tiring but this did not diminish the fact that I had pure clean fun.

No comments: