Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Untitled

I just got back yesterday from a four-day holiday with my sister in Kuala Lumpur. It was just a few days of relaxation, exploration, and of communion with my sister and of the place we dared explore. Kuala Lumpur's charm exudes from its ability to maintain its rustic side while incorporating a few modern twists. It has a tansportation system so efficient that going around the city was never a problem at all. We met a lot of nice people too, despite my parents incessant worries that we were trudging a dangerous place. I would love to share with you every little detail of that trip, from the annoying and high-handed immigration officer in Clark up to the point where we landed safely in Malaysia and back. I will do that next time, probably when my fever's gone. I remember that I haven't even written anything wortwhile as well about my Camiguin trip. Oh well...I will try to do all those in the coming days as I try to be the I-live-each-day-as-if-it-were-my-last type of person. (Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes truly struck me when one of the lines in the book said: Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly. An entry in Maria's journal, p.206.)

No comments: