Monday, January 04, 2010

Day 4 of 2010

Happy new year everyone! I want to send out good vibes as we start the year. I have done my traditional reflection towards the year-end as I looked forward to not only saying goodbye to the very difficult 2009, but I wanted to welcome with positivity and arms wide-open 2010.

Last year was really tough for everyone in general. Natural disasters hit us left and right, there were a lot of senseless killings, and a lot of people whether close to our hearts or not have passed. I remember last year coming up with a mosaic to sum up my year. I wanted to do the same this year but at the very last minute I decided against it. I just want to keep every memory, no matter how difficult or painful, or ugly or beautiful, etched in my mind without necessitating for me to come up with visuals because it would most likely be too overwhelming. What matters is that I have learned my lessons and hopefully I would use these experiences and memories to equip me in the future.

After everything that has happened, I still consider myself blessed being surrounded by loved ones on the most important holiday of the year. The biggest blessing I received last year was the chance to reconnect with my Creator and establish that relationship with Him. Add to this the blessing of my sister's presence during the holidays. Life may have given me a lot of lemons last year, but I am still here. I just learned the art of making lemonade:) Despite the uhm 'lemony' year, the prayer that I muttered was still a prayer of gratitude. "Thank You for all the blessings, and the opportunities to be a better person, opportunities to be patient and understanding, opportunities to be loving, and opportunities to be more compassionate."


I have made a few resolutions already which I intend to keep. For one thing, no more procrastinating for me. Also, as part of my goals, I intend to align my personal goals with my career goals. I have to admit I am not getting any younger and I quite often ask myself, do I want to do what I am doing for the next say...five or six years?

I would like to end this post with something from the past year and something from this new year.
Cheers to a much better 2010!











the last sunset for the year 2009




the first sunrise of 2010

No comments: