Sunday, September 06, 2009

God Truly Knows...

...the desires of our hearts...

I just woke up and after a silent prayer and doing some stretching, I reached out for the bible placed on top of my TV to find comfort in His words.

I opened it randomly at the Song of Songs Chapter 8. Written, towards the end of the chapter were these words..."Do not arouse, do not stir up love, before its own time."

With these words, I am comforted as I face another day. I am still hurting but there are still bountiful blessings I should be grateful for.

Nina, who is a very interesting person I met in a flight to Minnesotta last year, is such a delight since she is constantly keeping in touch no matter how busy and demanding her work is. The thing is, you can really feel her sincerity despite the fact that she is a celebrity and an accomplished person in her chosen field.

I am thankful to the supervisor of Mochablends in SM Dasma since he was very considerate as he allowed me to use his wifi access when the entire Mochablends was offline, knowing that I needed to check something urgent.

See? I really should be keeping a Things to be Grateful For journal, not only to keep track of things, people, or events that made me happy or hopeful in the kindness of other people; but also to remind me that I really should still be thankful despite the trials, hurts, and pains because life would be a little blah and boring without them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and thank you to the CHEF who gave you kisses (the chocolates, i mean)! ~ E

anne said...

oh yeah...that was really nice of him...the barista at the pastry corner even told me that it was the first time the chef did that in a long while:) bait no?